Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm not injured!!

My Dad wrote me an email asking if I was hurt since my last update was March 10th. I'm proud to say that even though my left hip has been causing me a bit of discomfort, I've powered through and been able to complete every training run as planned.

It hasn't been easy, specially since I was in Austin, Texas, for South by Southwest (an annual music conference). I pulled an exhausting 21 miles there on Saturday, after a week of good runs last week in DC, returned home late Sunday and have already done 9 miles of lactate threshold Monday, a 15 mile medium long run yesterday morning and then 7 miles with some speed this morning. I'm feeling great and looking forward to the final month before the race.

I've already raised $1426.00 for my friend Mark Beemer's charity. I'm still about $3500 shy of my goal of $5000.00, but I do know a lot of people have commented that they plan on donating. If you have yet to donate, or would like to pass along the link to someone who would like to donate, please direct them here: http://www.syrentha.org/events/bostonmarathon08.php

Again, I'm feeling great and elated to know that at the very least my Dad reads this thing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey, what's that supposed to mean? he's not the only one reading this!
you're living the dream for me, you know, the one of not having swallowed a basketball and being mobile =)
much love,
marie -a.k.a. beached whale- diao

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home