Monday, February 25, 2008

I conjunction with the 2008 Boston Marathon I have teamed up with a good friend to raise money for his endowment. He started the endowment 5 years ago after his wife died of breast cancer. He has been raising funds in a variety of ways through his connection to the music industry ever since. I have supported him in a number of ways over the years, and thought that my marathon running would be a wonderful way to continue to aide in raising funds.

I would appreciate it if you would help me with my goal of raising $5,000, between now and the date of the race. Can you please share this with your friends, co-workers and anyone who wishes to donate money towards providing financial assistance to underprivileged women who cannot afford the expense of fighting breast cancer.

I have been training very hard (this week I will run 70 miles) and feeling great about my overall training. I have yet to set my goal, but plan on attempting to run a 3 hour marathon (my Personal Best of 3h9m at the 2007 Vancouver, BC, marathon was used to qualify for Boston).

The link for donations can be found here:
http://www.syrentha.org/events/bostonmarathon08.php

More about the Endowment (taken from http://www.syrentha.org/index.php)

The Syrentha Savio Endowment (SSE), an Internal Revenue recognized non-profit organization, provides financial assistance to underprivileged women who cannot afford the expense of fighting breast cancer. Since our inception in 2002, SSE has raised funds through a handful of programs including The Shirts for a Cure Project, The SSE Benefit Concert Series, annual charity dinners, awareness walks and online auctions. SSE has awarded gifts to organizations in Washington D.C. and Los Angeles, California that help women in struggling neighborhoods find the means to fight this killer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home