Friday, March 21, 2008

I did it! I got out there and went for the run. I tried to delay as much as possible, but inevitably 2pm rolled around and I knew I needed to go.

It wasn't pretty, though it started that way. I headed out from the office with music blaring, the wind at my back, and running downhill. I was flying at a pace I knew I couldn't maintain, especially once I would hit the river with the wind at my face.

I ran 8 miles in about 53 minutes, so essentially it was a 14k "race." If it would've been a 5k I would have done it just under 18 minutes (sub 6 min/mile pace), but I wasn't able to sustain that pace.

The run is done and I can get on with my day. Tomorrow is 18! Should be good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! I know once you got started you'd be glad you did it. You are really flying these days.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home