Monday, March 24, 2008

I decided to skip my 6 mile am run this morning in favor of trying to lessen the damage to my feet. I've never been good at resting an injury, but as I get older, train more, and read more, I realize that a day or two to recuperate could go a lot longer towards recovery than a day of training can to the overall performance in a race.

I iced my feet last night and took some ibuprofen. I've iced them already this morning, too, and did about 20 minutes of yoga. Without some sort of "release" (running, yoga, etc) my legs and body end up feeling pent up and sluggish. It can be tough for me to concentrate on an entire yoga routine in my living room, but this morning was a nice follow up to the afternoon class I went to yesterday.

I really hope I can mitigate this pretty easily. I don't mind missing recovery runs this morning and this evening, but I'll be concerned if I can't run tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home