Sunday, March 23, 2008

Well, I think I might have an overuse injury: Plant Fascitis. I'm going to monitor it this week, but am a bit concerned. I've worked really hard to get where I am so far in my training, and don't want to have this impede my ability to reach my goal.

On a positive note, I had a really good session of yoga today. On the weekends I've been home I've been getting up and going on Sunday mornings. Today was a slow morning so I opted to go with CJ to the 4 o'clock class. It wasn't overly challenging (much to CJ's dismay), but we focused almost entirely on hips. And, my hip flexors are consistently as sore as can be. Though it was a tad painful at times, I walked out of the class feeling "open."

I need to do more yoga and stretching on my own, which can be really hard. However, th e benefits are what's allowed me to run the miles I'm running thus far. So, I may want to increase the amount I do both as I round the corner of 4 weeks left until race day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home