Monday, February 12, 2007

The past week of running was a good one. Here it is Monday morning and I'm finally getting around to scribbling down (I guess scribbling is more a way to say that this is rushed and not thought out than to indicate that I am doing something other than typing) what I ran.

The track on Wednesday night was a solid workout. I ran 8 x 800s and felt like I exerted myself quite hard. There were a lot of people in our group who opted out at six or seven. I pushed myself hard on the last four, clocking in somewhere in the 2:49-2:53 mark on each of them.

Thursday was a short recovery run, though it was really cold so I kept the pace right around 8 minute miles. I am still not fully capable of slowing myself down for a nice, easy recovery.

Friday morning's 6 mile run was good and Saturday's 9 miler was done at a sub 8 minute pace. I had to push myself quite hard on that run and I could feel the burn as I wound down the run. The last mile was up the Harvard Street hill and my legs were letting me know that I've been working them recently.

I was able to take yesterday off from running, though I got in one of the best workouts of the year thus far at the gym. I was able to focus a bit more on my chest and biceps than I have been up until now.

Finally, this morning I went out for a 7 mile tempo run. My legs were feeling this one, too, but all in all I feel revived and elated to be pushing myself. I signed up for the National Half Marathon here in DC in March and still plan to complete the Vancouver Marathon in early May. I do hope to pull it back just a bit tomorrow and then we'll see what Wednesday holds. It's not only Valentine's day, but we're expecting inclement weather (snow/wintry mix) so I'm unsure how that will affect the track workout. There's a possibility I will just get up and run hills that morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home