Saturday, March 31, 2007

I ran 20 miles this morning, after having run 5 pretty fast yesterday and having done a nice interval workout with the track group on Wednesday. However, my middle back is causing me a lot of pain.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday, on a whim. My dad swears by them, but I haven't been terribly convinced thus far. My run this morning was tough on me, and when I returned home my back was in quite a bit of pain. I decided to pay a second visit in as many days to the chiropractor. I don't feel much relief at this point.

On top of that I've been very anxious all week and sleeping pretty poorly. All of the stressors are also making their presence felt in my upper back and neck. I'm really just a tense ball in my entire back. It's not a good feeling.

I'm supposed to play a soccer game tomorrow, though I'm unsure if my back is going to allow for it. I'm also supposed to travel to Vancouver for the week. I'm not sure if I'm there mentally, or physically. We'll just have to see.

In the end, though, i was able to log my 20 miles, and I'm hoping that, despite the pain and tension, I will continue to be able to complete my workouts. As strange as it may sound and seem, they are what fuels me at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home