Friday, February 02, 2007

It's not often that I put an entry in when I haven't done a run. I really did consider getting up early this morning, but seeing as I ran the track Wednesday night and then did a 4 mile recovery run yesterday morning, I thought I could use some rest. Of course, that means that I will surely have to make up for it by going for a long run tomorrow. It was in the cards, regardless, but now I will have to make an extra effort and probably go a bit longer.

I've been waking up with a really dry throat lately, and this morning I had a bit of phlegm as well. I haven't been feeling great. On top of that, I actually woke up around 5:30am, and was up for a bit of time. I finally was able to fall back asleep and wasn't eager to wake up at 6:30 for a run.

That said, I've been feeling particularly good about the running I've been doing. The track workout Wednesday night was really good. We did mile repeats (1600m) with a one lap jog in between the intervals. I was able to complete four of the repeats and each of them were right around 6:00 minute/mile pace. My recovery run Thursday morning had me feeling a bit tight, but I was able to run 4 miles at a comfortable pace.

Now I need to go and figure out what runs I need to do this weekend and from here on out. I'm thining a long run on Saturdays, a tempo run Mondays, the track workout on Wednesdays and fill Tuesday and Thursday with recovery runs. Friday can be off and Sunday can either be an easy run or even a cross train day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home