Thursday, January 18, 2007

I just stepped in from a 3.5 mile "recovery" run. I really don't know how to do a true recovery run. My pace still averaged about 8:15, which isn't too much slower than a lot of the regular runs that I do. It was really cold outside, probably around 25 degrees Fahrenheit. I wanted to ensure that I could keep moving in order to stay warm.

Like I wrote last night, I really hadn't intended on getting up and running. However, as my mind raced while I lie in bed between 5:45 and 7:00am, I couldn't stand the thought of getting out of bed in order to motivate getting over to the gym. Therefore running was the only thing that might ease the anxiety pumping through my system. The run itself didn't truly alleviate that, however. My mind continued to race, at an expedited pace, which is probably what kept my legs moving quickly, too.

My hamstrings are sore from the track last night. My eyes and brain are tired; they're exhausted, in fact. I don't truly know how to keep up. I think soon I'm going to lose my mind. Until then, running should keep me throttling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home